Saturday, May 29, 2010

Maintaining Routines

Following the Fly Lady system isn't too hard once you have gone through the baby steps.  Then, once you start with shoes, shining your sink and then add a few new steps, and stick to them, wham!  There is your routine!  Time after time, I have dropped my routines, picked them back up, only to drop them again.  Flying is simple sure, but if you have a difficult time following routines, or have something in your life where scheduling your life around a routine is near impossible, like having a baby, As I do, routines sometimes get pushed to the wayside to care for family.  With me being pregnant though, I have come to realize that FLYing with Fly Lady makes caring for my family more simplistic!  I had definately been living in C.H.A.O.S, but now...there is no more S.T.U.F.F!  I am more than able to have people over without feeling like my home is a mess, and their are no more "somethings" that undermine family fun.

If you are having a hard time maintaining the routines like I was initially, K.I.S.S your routine.  I'd suggest no more than 3 or 4 steps in your morning, and before bed routines.  Simplifying may be just exactly what you need. 

Fly Lady has tons of helpful information on routines, I suggest you check her out.  That way you can stop living in CHAOS, just as my family and I were.

No comments:

Post a Comment