Sunday, May 30, 2010

Flying on Sundays

Sundays are a great day to refresh your spirit for the beginning of the week.  My calendar is set so that Monday is the first official day of the week, but that is so that I can take Sunday to refresh my spirit, which in turn as Fly Lady says: "Increases Joy, Peace, and Patience." 

Being a mother and wife, refreshing my spirit is integral to the coming week's success.  Some of the things that I have put into my routine on Sundays to refresh my spirit are spiritual, others physical, and the rest tend to be mental. 

A few of the spiritual things that I do are reading the bible, praying to God, meditate on the Lord's Prayer, as well as on Proverbs 31.

Physical ways I freshen my spirit are by writing an encouraging letter to a loved one, taking a walk, exercising, fasting from media (not every Sunday, but some), and by saying no. 

As for the mental ways that I rejuvenate my spirit, those are more complicated, and sometimes are a combination of the ways I have described above.  Other times, I may break something (yes on purpose, it lessens any tension I may be feeling in a healthy way.  I also journal, and laughing definitely helps my spirit. 

While writing this, I realize that not everyone is religious, however, I do find most people are at least spiritual in some way.  I by no means am telling you to "read the bible" or "become christian."  However, if you commune with the higher power you believe in or meditate to, feel free to continue as you wish.  I do not wish to preach about God, or Christian beliefs.  I also do not wish to push you to change your ways, I am highly accepting of whatever religion my readers may be.  I just want my readers to understand that I most definitely am a christian and as such, it will be reflected in my posts. 
Photobucketdivider Pictures, Images and Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment